2015 LibQUAL Survey
All UMass Amherst faculty, graduate students, library staff, and a random sample of 3000 undergraduate students, are invited to complete the Spring 2015 LibQual+TM survey. The survey opens Monday, February 23, 2015. Everyone invited to particpate receives a coupon good for a free beverage from the library's café, the Procrastination Station.
LibQual+TM is a web based survey developed by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) that measures library users' perceptions of their libraries' service quality. The University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries also conducted the survey in 2004, 2007, and 2011.
This survey is important because it:
1. Allows us to benchmark UMass Amherst results against those of other colleges and universities and determine best practices;
2. Helps us better understand how the UMass Amherst community rates library facilities, collections, and services;
3. Tells us where we should concentrate improvements for UMass Amherst users.
Spring 2011 Survey Results
All UMass Amherst faculty, graduate students, library staff, and a random sample of 2800 undergraduate students, were invited to complete the Spring 2011 LibQual+TM survey. The survey ran from Wednesday, March 30 to Friday, April 22, 2011. Everyone invited to particpate received a coupon good for a free beverage from the library's café, the Procrastination Station.
UMass Amherst Survey Report (pdf 459kb) 97 pages
Spring 2007 Survey Results
* UMass Amherst Survey Report (pdf 613kb) 100 pages
* Qualtitative Analysis of LibQUAL Comments (pdf 80kb) 14 pages
* Summary Charts (pdf 66kb) 2 pages - can be printed on legal or letter paper
* Survey Questions (pdf 11kb)
* ARL Survey Report (pdf 661 kb) 182 pages - summary results by library type and user group (46 participating institutions)
Spring 2004 Survey Results
* UMass Amherst Survey Report (pdf 538kb) 96 pages
* Summary chart of UMass Amherst faculty responses (word doc 128kb)
* Summary of UMass Amherst collection related responses (word doc 78kb)
* ARL Survey Report (pdf 1306kb) 258 pages - summary results by library type and user group (57 participating institutions)
Rachel Lewellen, (413) 545-3343
Last Edited: 19 February 2015