Five College Libraries EBL Pilot Project
This consortial patron-driven acquisition project offers a wide, uniform pool of eBook titles across the five campuses, with a single link to the eBook (rather than five separate links for the five campuses).
Costs relate to use. Short browses are free; longer browses, printing, and copying generate a one-week loan of the book. Five loans from a single campus trigger a purchase. All titles offer unlimited simultaneous use for the short term loans.
The loans are paid for from a shared deposit account (based on the elevenths formula), with purchases paid for by the individual campuses.
EBL data from December 2, 2013 through March, 2015 includes the following visualizations:
- EBL Library View Dashboard
- EBL Library Dashboard by Patron, Title, and Subject
- Five College EBL Totals
- Monthly Spending
- EBL Pilot - Publisher Dashboard
- Year of Publication Dashboard
- EBL Titles
- EBL Time Dashboard
- Subject by User Status and Library
- Pre and Post Dashboard
- 25 Most Expensive Books with Price Increases - August 2014 compared to March 2015
- 25 Most Expensive Books by Imprint and Publisher - August 2014 compared to March 2015
- >$100 use
- Aleph overlap with ownership and EBL borrowing library