Food and Beverage Policy
The W.E.B. Du Bois and Integrated Sciences and Engineering Libraries have established the Food and Beverage Policy to aid in the preservation and care of Library materials and equipment; to maintain pest-free buildings and damage-free furnishings; to reduce litter; and to ensure a clean, safe environment for studying and working.
These buildings are your Libraries. Please help us achieve the goals of preservation, cleanliness, and safety by observing the following policy:
- Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted if they are in closed, spill-proof containers or pull-top plastic bottles.
- The Library recommends food be consumed in the Procrastination Station in the W.E.B. Du Bois Library.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in Special Collections and University Archives or in any other area designated by signage.
- These guidelines may be waived for special events with prior approval of the Director of Libraries.
Guidelines recommended by the Leadership Council - April, 2001
Reviewed by the Senior Administration Group - May, 2001
Approved by Margo Crist, Director of Libraries - August, 2001
Draft revision by USAG – March 25, 2005
RIS revision – March 31, 2005
Revised and approved by Senior Management Group – May 11, 2005
Revised and approved by Senior Management Group – December 14, 2005
Policies & Procedures
- Collection Development Policy
- Camcorder Policies
- Carrel Policy
- Digital Content Criteria
- Electronic Resources Usage Policy
- E-Only Journal Policy
- Libraries Event Policy
- Food and Beverage Policy
- Intellectual Freedom Policy and Guidelines
- Interlibrary Lending Policy
- Gift Policy
- Locker Policy
- Orphan Works Guidelines
- Physical Reserves Personal Copies Policy
- Special Collections Policy
- Streaming Media Copyright Policy
- User Behavior Policy
- Withdrawal of Print Materials