Instructions for the Siku Quanshu Electronic Version
To access the Siku Quanshu electronic version, you are required to install a client program:
- To start the installation, click on http://us.subscriptionv3.skqs.com/skqs/download/ and download setup.exe;
- Double-click setup.exe and follow instructions to install the client program. A short-cut icon to the program will be created on the desktop;
- Finally, click on the desktop short-cut to open the client program**, and then click “IP Login” to start using the database.
** Note: A pop-up window will ask you to check font display. If characters are not displayed correctly, please remove the client program first and then reinstall the program.
- CPU: Pentium III 800 or higher
- RAM: 256 MB or more
- 140 MB or more free hard disk space for the installed client and fonts
- For users of English Windows, you will need to install the East Asian Language Support files (Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. Firefox will garble the program. Please use IE to download software.
- Please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
Mac Users: Currently the client program is not compatible with Mac system, unless your Mac computer has installed Windows system and met all the above system requirements.
All the public workstations in the W.E.B. Du Bois Library have already installed the client program and are ready to use.
Please note that the access to Siku Quanshu (Wenyuange Edition) electronic version is only available from computers on the UMass campus or with off-campus access through the proxy server. Access through either the library catalog the link on the Databases page to invoke the proxy server before using the client software. Please contact Sharon Domier email@example.com with any questions about access or usage.
Last Edited: 28 November 2012