The UMass Teaching Commons is a portal through which faculty may discover the rich set of support services our campus offers from areas such as Center for Teaching & Faculty Development, the UMass Amherst Libraries, and IT Academic Computing. The Teaching Commons is a space that supports either organized programming or walk-in support for UMass faculty members. This is a space that provides an opportunity for collaboration across the disciplines which will help to build a strong community for the advancement of learning on the UMass Amherst campus.
- A first-service point of contact for faculty, informing them of what faculty services are available on campus
- A space to foster cross-departmental collaboration
- On-site basic technology support, with referrals to in-depth support elsewhere on campus
- Special workshops of interest, facilitated by UMass departments, faculty support staff and UMass faculty
- Faculty-run and faculty-led discussions and groups on topics of interest