Where can I borrow a laptop?
Circulation/Reserves, Lower Level, Du Bois Library
You asked - we listened. Laptop borrowing just got better!
Loan period increased to 24 hours.
Many additional New Dell laptops now available.
Unrestricted use – take one overnight or bring to class.
- Only UMass Amherst students may check out laptops
- Valid UCard required, a second picture ID may also be requested
- Wireless access available throughout Du Bois Library
- 24 hour loan
- Sorry - no reservations
- Borrowers are responsible for secure storage and prevention of damage to equipment while it is in their possession.
- Return equipment to Circulation/Reserves Service Desk, Lower Level, Du Bois Library
- Please - do not return equipment in a Library book return. Damage may result!
- Laptop returns due of Friday or Saturday night are due back 30 minutes before closing.
- Borrowers are liable for loss or damage to equipment, including loss or damage caused by putting it in the Library's book returns. Borrowers are also liable for late fees and replacement costs for equipment given to a third party to return.
Fines and Fees
- Late fees are $20.00 per hour or fraction thereof, up to a maximum fine of $480.00
- A $15.00 processing fee and a non-refundable $10.00 billing and are added to bills for fines and replacement costs
- After 24 hours, borrowers will be billed for the replacement cost of the equipment
For more info, visit https://www.library.umass.edu/services/computers/laptops/.