Digital Scholarship & Consultation Services
Digital Scholarship Resources
The UMass Amherst Libraries supports members of the UMass Amherst community in planning, creating, organizing, and/or preserving digitalinformation. From a single class to global sharing, from workshops to one-on-one consultations, DSCS consults on digital collections in support of instructional and research activities. The Libraries are available to answer questions, help strategize on projects, and outline options to meet goals.
Examples of services we offer:
- Digitizing instructional and research materials1;
- Capturing and processing images and learning objects to support classroom and research needs;
- Assessing copyright concerns and obtaining clearances as appropriate, and helping you to protect your own rights;
- Developing digital publications, including conference proceedings and journals;
- Providing access to electronic theses and dissertations and select graduate student works2.
We advise and instruct on:
- Research data management and data management plan preparation;
- Metadata solutions that are appropriate to your purpose and project;
- Copyright and other intellectual property concerns;
- Long-term preservation and access;
- Digitization best practices;
- Digital projects
If you are a University of Massachusetts Amherst community member interested in partnering with the Libraries on a digital project, please let us know using this form!
Request a consultation!
Digital Scholarship & Consulting Services is an initiative of the Digital Strategies Group.
Last Edited: 4 March 2014