The microforms viewing, scanning, saving, and printing equipment is available in Room 49 of the Learning Commons on the Lower Level of the W. E. B. Du Bois Library.
Microforms Request, Retrieval and Check Out
The microforms collection is in media storage and items are available by request only.
- All patrons will need a Borrower's Card to use items
- Item requests may take 24 hours to process
- You may request up to 10 items at a time
- Locate the item using the Library Catalog. For assistance with finding items use the Microform Collection Guide
- Use the "Request Item" link
- If the item does not have a "Request Item" link , go to the Microform Request Form to submit your request.
- When filling out the electronic form please list:
- specific call number and
- specific reel number or date range, if applicable.
- Your request will be processed by Staff. This may take up to 24 hours during Monday - Friday, with limited service on weekends and holidays.
- You will be notified by email when your items are ready to pick up and check out.
Requested microforms items can be checked out at the Circulation/Reserves Service Desk on the lower level of the Du Bois library. The Circulation/Reserves desk is open all hours that the Du Bois Library is open.
Room 49 Equipment:
Our ScanPro 2000 and Minolta MS 600 machines are capable of viewing, scanning and printing microform images. You may print images, save them to a thumb drive, or send them to your email. Printing cost is 5 cents per page and requires a UCard or guest UCard. All other machines are only capable of displaying microform images. This room is open all hours that the Du Bois Library is open.
- 2 ScanPro 2000 microform scanners
- 2 Minolta MS 600 microform scanners (film & fiche)
- 2 Gideon microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 printer
Last Edited: 18 April 2013