F.A.Q. for Students
This page is currently under construction and updated frequently, so if you can't find an answer to your question, please contact Reserves staff.
Why do I have a fine? How to I appeal?
- The fee for overdue 3-Hour Reserve items is $10.00 per hour, up to a $150.00 maximum. For more information about library fines and how to appeal fines for overdue or lost items, visit http://www.library.umass.edu/services/borrowing/fines/
How do I look up a book on reserve? (video tutorial coming soon)
- To look up a book or any other physical item
What if my professor has digital reserves but isn't using Moodle or Blackboard?
- If your instructor has told you that you need to access digital reserve material through our website rather than through Moodle or Blackboard, you will need to create your own unique account. To do so, visit the EReserves website and click on Create User Account
Fill out all applicable fields (fields marked with a red asterix are required) and then click create account.
Once created, the Main Menu will appear. At first, no classes will appear on your main page, you will need to Search for and add your Courses.
Search by any available information and once you have found the course, click on the green + button to add the course to your profile.
A course password is required; your professor will provide this to you. This is the only time you will enter the instructor provided course password. Enter the course password and click Add Course. The course will now appear in your main menu when you log in.
What software do I need to access digital reserves?
- Streaming Media plays through Flash. Any device with Flash installed can play films or audio held on e-reserves.
- Journal Articles, Ebooks and PDFs open in your browser window, and requirements may vary from vendor to vendor.
If you are experiencing any accessibility issues in viewing this page, please email email@example.com