Copyright and Information Policy at UMass
Interested in learning more about copyright?
The library and the campus OIT department maintain online resources about copyright. Additionally, the campus supports an email discussion list on copyright, and the library sponsors a "copyright reading group".
- Learn More About Copyright - Information from the Libraries, OIT, and other sources. Includes news and updates about current issues, as well as basic information about copyright, licensing, fair use, author rights, and other issues.
- Copyright-l mailing list - A lightly-trafficked mailing list for discussion, Q&A, and announcements about copyright-related events or news. Contact Laura Quilter or Fred Zinn (OIT) for more information.
- Copyright Reading Group - The library sponsors a copyright discussion group. Meetings are held the first Monday of every month, lunchtime, in the library. Contact Laura Quilter to RSVP or to be added to the announcement list.
- Fair Use Week - Beginning in 2014, UMass will celebrate Fair Use Week.
Library policies relating to copyright:
- Copyright Policy for Reserves
- Streaming Media Copyright Policy
- Digital Reserve Copyright Policy
- Orphan Works Guidelines (digitization - What's an orphan work?)
- Related Policies
Policies administered by the UMass system:
Policies administered by the Office of Information Technology (OIT):
- OIT policies and training around copyright and network access
- UMass DMCA Agent : See Copyright Office registration.
- UMass "Copyright Information" per the Higher Education Opportunity Act
Last Edited: 28 August 2014