Workshops and Instructional Sessions on Scholarly Communication Topics
The Scholarly Communication librarians hold workshops for faculty and students on a variety of copyright, publishing, and open access topics. We can meet with faculty departments or work with faculty to guest lecture in a course.
WORKSHOPS & CLASSES
- Scholarly Publishing - crisis, opportunity?
- Judging Your Influence - AltMetrics (and open access)
- Using ScholarWorks
- Open Education Resources (OERs)
- Information Ethics: Plagiarism, Copyright infringement, etc.
- Information Literacy.
- Data Management.
Copyright & Other Legal Issues
- "all rights, in all media, in perpetuity" - How to negotiate your author / publisher agreements.
- Creative Commons & open access licensing.
- Copyright & Fair Use 101
- Author Rights: Getting, Registering, Keeping, Protecting, Reclaiming, & Terminating Assignments of your Copyrights
- Copyright news update - litigation, legislation, whatever is happening!
- Copyright Issues in particular disciplines.
- Legal Issues in particular disciplines. For instance, videostreaming; teaching/ publishing cloud computing; music; art
- Information Law & Policy 101- Difference between copyright/patent/trademark/etc. Relationship of licensing/contracts.
Last Edited: 14 April 2015