- Due to occupancy restrictions, the Libraries reserve the right to deny a request if the expected number of guests is greater than the occupancy limits (maximum of 45). The Libraries reserve the right to monitor attendance to ensure that the event facilitator complies with the occupancy limits and notification will be given to the event facilitator should the participant count exceed occupancy.
Food and Beverages
- Arrangements for catering are the responsibility of the activity facilitator
- UMass Amherst Catering Services is the only vendor that can provide food for events in this space
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served in the Teaching Commons (2604)
- Food and drink brought into the space for individuals consumption is permitted
- All events must be scheduled during standard hours of operation
- All events scheduled in the space by faculty, the University Libraries, the Office of Faculty Development and OIT will be open to involvement/participation of the Office of Faculty Development, University Libraries, and OIT if requested.
Damages/Losses to Property
- Under no condition may furniture be removed from the Teaching Commons
- The Libraries will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items
Last Edited: 29 March 2011