Perma.cc is a free service to create permanent, online, archived documents of sources cited by scholars, journals, courts and others. It is a simple tool to prevent link rot, so your readers will always have access to your references.
Use Perma when the source you are citing doesn't already have a permanent URL. Blog posts, news articles, working papers and other ephemeral web pages are good candidates for archiving with Perma.
As a partner library in the Perma.cc network, the UMass Amherst Libraries works with departments, research centers, projects, journals and other organizations to establish Perma.cc accounts for unlimited permanent linking. Any UMass Amherst affiliate can request an organization account.
- Login to your account
- Paste or type the URL of the page you want to preserve
- Select the appropriate organization or folder to affiliate your link
- Click the "Create Perma Link" button
https://perma.cc/89ZB-BWVX - The Libraries homepage was archived on November 3, 2017. Select "View the live page" to compare it with current page.
- Perma.cc Guide for Librarians - https://perma.cc/static/pdfs/guide-librarians.pdf
- Perma.cc Guide for Faculty - https://perma.cc/static/pdfs/guide-faculty.pdf
- Perma.cc User Guide - https://perma.cc/docs/perma-link-creation
- Harvard Law School Library LibGuide - http://guides.library.harvard.edu/c.php?g=537635&p=3679398