Association for Gravestone Studies Collection
Alice Bice Bunton Collection, 1979-19931 box (1 linear feet).
A local historian from Bethany, Connecticut, Alice Bice Bunton (1924-2000) was a long-time member of the Association for Gravestone Studies. Author of a book on the historic houses of Bethany in 1972, she attended AGS conferences regularly beginning in the late 1970s. Bunton died on October 18, 2000, at the age of 75.
Many of Bunton’s photographs documenting cemeteries in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Jersey were taken during tours associated with the AGS annual conferences. Also included in the collection are AGS conference brochures and other printed material, newspaper clippings, grave rubbings, and a small amount of correspondence.
- Sepulchral monuments--Connecticut.
- Sepulchral monuments--Massachusetts.
- Sepulchral monuments--New Jersey.
- Stone carving--Connecticut.
- Stone carving--Massachusetts.
- Association for Gravestone Studies.
- Bunton Alice Bice.