Michael Z. Kislo Notebooks, 1954-1974. 3 boxes (1.25 linear feet).
After emigrating from Dzieciekowo, Poland, Michael Kislo found work in a Northampton basket shop and later as a machinist at International Silver Company. He was a resident of Florence, Mass.
The Kislo collection contains nine volumes of Kislo’s writing (mostly in Polish and thematically religious, patriotic, personal, and autobiographical) and artwork (drawings and paintings with religious allusions, Polish costumes, weapons, imaginary animals and fanciful landscapes).
- Art, Polish--Massachusetts--20th century
- Florence (Mass.)--Biography
- Polish American artists--Massachusetts--Florence
- Polish Americans--Massachusetts--Florence
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Kislo, Michael Z., 1896-1978
- Watercolors (Paintings)