Sadie Campbell Papers, 1812-2002. 19 boxes (10.25 linear feet).
A housewife, mother and active community member, Sadie Campbell was born in 1881 and lived at 1 Depot Street in Cheshire, Massachusetts for most of her life until she died in 1971. Sadie was closely tied to the Cheshire community where she had a large circle of friends and acquaintances, and was active in a a number of organizations, such as: the Cheshire Ladies Reading Club, the Merry Wives of Cheshire Shakespeare Club, and the Cheshire Cash Tearoom.
The collection documents three generations of a western Massachusetts family. The variety and nature of the materials in this collection offer a good view into the local and social history of western Massachusetts through the lives of Sadie Campbell and her family.
- Cheshire (Mass.)--History
- Cheshire Cash Tearoom
- Family--Massachusetts--History--19th century
- Family--Massachusetts--History--20th century
- Massachusetts--Social life and customs--19th century
- Merry Wives of Cheshire Shakespeare Club
- Small business--Massachusetts
- Tyrell, Augustus
- Williams Manufacturing Company
- Women--Societies and clubs--History--19th century
- Campbell, Sadie
- Account books
- Letters (Correspondence)