John Chandler Account Book, 1853-1914. 1 vol. (0.1 linear feet).
Ship’s captain and whaleman in Provincetown, Massachusetts, and farmer in Bucksport, Maine. Account book/diary includes ledger accounts for crewmembers on various voyages, accounts for labor, supplies, and merchandise, pasted-in bills for taxes, clothes, coal, boots, and other commodities, and a journal of Chandler’s farming activities (consisting of performed labor, sold items and livestock, weather accounts, new purchases, and notation of personal visits and trips).
- Bucksport (Me.)--Economic conditions
- Bucksport (Me.)--Social life and customs
- Merchant mariners--Massachusetts--History--19th century
- Provincetown (Mass.)--Economic conditions--19th century
- Ship captains--Massachusetts--History
- Voyages and travels--History--19th century
- Chandler, John, 1836-
- Account books