Leon Shapiro Papers, 1939-1985. 15 boxes (8.75 linear feet).
Historian, author, Professor of Russian and Soviet Jewish History at Rutgers University, who helped arrange the escape of Jews from Europe during World War II and was active in several organizations concerned with the emigration of Soviet and Eastern European Jews to Palestine. Papers include biographical materials, correspondence, legal documents, writings, lecture and research materials, statistical data in the world Jewish population before and after World War II, oral history transcripts, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, and four photographs.
- Europe, Eastern--Ethnic relations--History--20th century
- Israel--Emigration and immigration--History
- Jews, Soviet--History--Sources
- Jews--Europe, Eastern--History--Sources
- Jews--Soviet Union--History--Sources
- Occupational training for Jews--History--Sources
- Romania--Emigration and immigration--History
- Rutgers University--Curricula
- Rutgers University--Faculty
- Soviet Union--Ethnic relations--History
- World ORT Union--History
- Shapiro, Leon
- Oral histories