Enfield School Account Books, 1816-1868. 2 vols. (0.25 linear feet).
Account books for school districts of Enfield, Massachusetts. The schools’ appropriations accounts kept by selectmen between 1816-1856 show the amount raised by the town annually for the support of the schools, and include how, when, and to whom money was disbursed. The account book for Enfield’s school district number 4, 1854-1868, includes records of the disbursement of money for teaching, boarding the teachers, supplying cord wood, making fires, and repairing the building. Also lists the names of teachers and members of the Prudential Committee (who kept the records and sometimes taught).
- Enfield (Mass.)--Appropriations and expenditures
- Enfield (Mass.). Prudential Committee
- Enfield (Mass.). School District Number 5
- Public schools--Massachusetts--Enfield--Finance
- Women teachers--Massachusetts--Enfield
- Account books