Miller Family Photographs, ca.1880-1980. 1 boxes, 1 oversize envelope (1.25 linear feet).
Four generations of the Miller family from Roxbury and Hull, Massachusetts. Includes photographs mounted on twenty-eight sheets of posterboard and 158 slides stored in two slide trays that are comprised of formal and informal family portraits; family businesses; church and business gatherings; a wedding announcement; and postcards from the early 1900s depicting public recreation sites. More recent photographs reveal how the public recreation sites have changed over the years. Robert Parker Miller, a graduate of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and a member of the Miller family, displayed these images in an exhibit entitled “Trying to Live the American Dream” (1986, Wheeler Gallery).
- Family--United States--History
- Hull (Mass.)--Photographs
- Massachusetts--Social life and customs--19th century--Photographs
- Massachusetts--Social life and customs--20th century--Photographs
- Roxbury (Mass.)--Pictorial works
- Miller family