Woman's Missionary Society of the Enfield Congregational Church Records, 1885-19271 box (0.5 linear feet).
In 1885, women of the Enfield Congregational Church formed a woman’s missionary society to disseminate information on, increase interest in and raise funds for missionary work. The Society sponsored lectures with missionary workers and distributed funds to women’s missions associations and smaller, local charities. In 1927, the Society merged with similar groups in Hatfield and Northampton, Mass., forming the Hampshire County Branch of the Women’s Board of Missions.
The records of the Woman’s Missionary Society of the Enfield Congregational Church consist principally of minutes of meetings and one account book.
- Congregational Church (Enfield, Mass.). Woman's Missionary Society--Archives
- Congregational churches--Massachusetts--Enfield--History
- Enfield (Mass.)--History
- Missions--Societies, etc.--History
- Women in missionary work--Massachusetts--Enfield--History
- Women--Societies and clubs--History
- Account books
- Minute books