New England Telephone Workers Strike Collection, 1989. 1 folder (0.15 linear feet).Call no.: MS 323
In 1989, almost 60,000 telephone workers in New England and New York waged a successful fifteen week strike against Nynex to protest a new contract that threatened cuts to medical benefits.
This small collection includes three handouts and a bulletin documenting the four-month labor strike carried out by New England telephone workers (represented by the Communications Workers of America and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers unions) against the NYNEX corporation.
- NYNEX Corporation
- New England--Economic conditions--20th century
- Strikes and lockouts--Telephone companies--New England --History
- Telephone companies--Employees--Labor unions--New England--History
- Communications Workers of America
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers