Howe Family Papers, 1730-1955
7 boxes (4.5 linear feet).
Personal, business, and legal papers of the Howe family of Enfield and Dana, Massachusetts, including correspondence between family members, genealogies, account books and printed materials. Account books record transactions of various family members whose occupations included general storekeeper, minister, printer, postmaster, telephone exchange and gas-station owner, and document the transactions of community businesses and individuals, some of whom were women involved in the beginnings of the local palm leaf hat and mat industry.
» Read more »
- Enfield (Mass.)--Biography
- Enfield (Mass.)--Economic conditions--19th century
- Enfield (Mass.)--History
- Enfield (Mass.)--Social life and customs
- Howe family--Genealogy
- Quabbin Reservoir Region (Mass.)--History
- Swift River Valley (Mass.)--History
- Swift River Valley (Mass.)--Social life and customs
Types of material
- Howe, Donald W. (Donald Wiliam), 1982-1977
- Howe, Edwin H., 1859-1943
- Howe, Henry Clay Milton, b. 1823
- Howe, John M.
- Howe, John, 1783-1845
- Howe, Theodocia Johnson, 1824-1898
- Account books
- Business records
Call no.: MS 019