Digital Collections for UMassSCUA
Digital UMass contains the results of several initiatives to document the history of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and its predecessors the Massachusetts Agricultural College and Massachusetts State College. In addition to an on-going project to capture the oral history of the University’s administrators and reflections on student life, the archives has digitized materials relating to the early years of co-education at MAC and women’s education at the University. Additional materials will be added as they become available.
- Annual Reports, 1864-1932/33
- College Monthly
- Student newspaper, 1887-1889
- Distinguished Visitors Program, 1972-1979
- Invited lectures on current topics by distinguished speakers (audio files in mp3 format).
- Oral Histories
- Barnard, Ellsworth and Mary, Classes of 1928 and 1934
- Bromery, Randolph W., Chancellor
- Class of 1919: Mary E. Garvey, Willard K. French, Anna Liebman Shore, E. Sidney Stockwell
- Conant, Eudora V., Nutritionist and wife of Ralph Van Meter, UMass President, 1947-1954
- Curtis, Helen, Dean of Women, 1945-1973
- McLaughlin, Fred, Class of 1911.
- Mitchell, Helen, Nutritionist; Dean, School of Home Economics
- Rand, Mrs. Frank Prentice, wife of Frank Prentice Rand, poet, writer, and UMass Professor of English. Reminiscences about Robert Frost, faculty lives, MAC.
- Wheeler, Mae Holden, Class of 1916
- Selected records related to women’s education at Massachusetts Agricultural College, 1906-1924
- Selected records related to women’s affairs at the Massachusetts Agricultural College (MAC), Massachusetts State College (MSC), and the University of Massachusetts Amherst, 1924-1951
Student Handbooks, 1890-1950
- Records, 1902-1993 (bulk, 1940-1973)
- Handbooks for Women, 1925/27-1941
(See also Record Group 30/00/2: Student Handbooks, 1890-1950)
- Keith, Vicky, “Mass Aggie Women, 1910-1923” (Fall 1983)
- O’Donnell, Robert, “Undergraduate Women and the Post-War College: The University of Massachusetts” (December 3, 1996)