Greenwich and Enfield Hostelries Collection, ca.19301 folder (0.1 linear feet).
Erected in 1832 in the business district of Enfield, Massachusetts, the Swift River Hotel began as a mealtime stopping place for travelers on stagecoaches running to and from Boston. The Quabbin Inn in Greenwich was built in 1900, and served as a vacation spot in summer, offering farm-fresh food and cool breezes off Quabbin Lake.
The collection consists of a menu from the Swift River Hotel proprietorship of William H. Galvin and two brochures depicting the bucolic setting and atmosphere of the Quabbin Inn in Greenwich.
- Enfield (Mass.)--History.
- Greenwich (Mass.)--History.
- Quabbin Inn (Grenwich, Mass.).
- Quabbin Reservoir Region (Mass.)--Social life and customs.
- Swift River Hotel (Enfield, Mass.).