Enfield Selectmen's Account Book, 1816-1846. 1 vol. (0.1 linear feet).Call no.: MS 086
Account book of Selectmen of the town of Enfield, Massachusetts from when it was incorporated in 1816 to 1846. Includes expenses of the town and orders drawn for services such as ringing the bell, supporting paupers, building coffins, or providing a yard to serve as a pound. The recorded names of many townspeople represent the full spectrum of society-tradespeople, laborers, paupers, town officers, and wealthy townsmen.
- Country life--Massachusetts--Enfield
- Enfield (Mass.)--Appropriations and expenditures
- Enfield (Mass.)--History--19th century
- Enfield (Mass.)--Politics and government--19th century
- Enfield (Mass.)--Social conditions--19th century
- Account books