Architects: Louis Warren Ross
The Northeast Residential Area was built in the the years surrounding the Second World War as a major dormitory complex. The ten structures that comprise the area were uniformly designed in neo-Georgian style between 1935 and 1959, and laid out in a bilaterally symmetrical site plan surrounding an open grassed area that is known as the Quad (quadrangle).
Originally designed as dormitories, the group includes:
All continue to serve as dormitories in 2008, except for Arnold House, which was converted into offices in 1966.