Marshall Hall

Constructed: 1916

Architects:


Marshall Hall

Marshall Hall, which sat on the west side of Thatcher Way (now Thatcher Road), was built in 1916 to serve as a bacteriology lab. The building was originally known simply as the microbiological laboratory and was renamed in honor of former faculty member Charles E. Marshall in 1935. Dr. Marshall, who died in 1927, had served as the first head of the department of Bacteriology, director of the graduate school, and director of the experiment station. In 1947 an annex was added to provide extra research space. Marshall Hall was demolished in 1996.


Source

m/marshall_hall.txt · Last modified: 2013/07/12 07:48 by rscox
UMass Amherst seal
Special Collections & University Archives :: UMass Amherst Libraries
154 Hicks Way :: UMass Amherst :: Amherst, MA 01003 | Ph.: 413.545.2780 | Contact SCUA