Faculty Commons Locker Use Policy
Lockers for use by patrons of the Faculty Commons are available on the 26th Floor of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library to use for a semester basis with a valid UMass Faculty, Post-Doctoral Fellow, or Librarian ID. Locker keys are available at the Circulation/Reserves Desk on the Lower Level.
- Lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Individuals may not borrow the key for more than one locker at a time.
- Lockers may be renewed for up to three semesters (Fall, Spring, and Summer).
- Any lockers for which the key is not returned to the Circulation/Reserves Desk at the end of the semester will be emptied after one week, and the locker contents will be stored in the Libraries’ Lost and Found for 30 days, with the exception of library books which will be returned to circulation.
- Materials kept in lockers are the responsibility of the user. The Library is not responsible for the contents of the locker.
- No hazardous or illegal objects may be stored in lockers.
- The Libraries reserve the right to open lockers and inspect their contents for library material that has not been checked out. Any such materials found will be returned to their proper locations.
- Padlocks or personal locks of any type are not permitted on lockers. Staff will remove any such locks.
- Violation of these rules may result in suspension of privileges.
- Keys will be due within 7 days after the end of each academic semester. Borrowers who do not return their keys will be charged a $75 replacement fee.