Dell E5450 Laptop
Dell E5450 Laptop
Where can I borrow a laptop?
The Du Bois Library’s Ask Us desk provides Apple MacBook Air and Dell Latitude laptops for borrowing - exclusively for the use of UMass Amherst students - on a first come, first served basis.
- Actively enrolled UMass Amherst students may check out a laptop.
- A valid UMass Amherst UCard is required. A second picture ID may also be requested.
- Wireless access available throughout Du Bois Library
- One laptop per person. Laptops may not be reserved in advance.
- 24 hour loan
- One online renewal permitted for an additional 24 hours (maximum).
- After returning a laptop, the borrower must wait at least one hour to check out another one.
- Return equipment to a staff member at the Circulation/Reserves Service Desk on the Lower Level of the Du Bois Library.
- Equipment returns due on Friday or Saturday are due back 30 minutes before the Library closes.
- Please do not return equipment to another service desk, a drop box or a Library book return!
Fees and Damages
- Borrowers are responsible for security and prevention of damage to equipment while it is in their possession, including loss or damage to laptop resulting from returning to a library book return drop box.
- Call (413) 545-2624 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if item is lost or damaged.
- Borrower should not leave laptop unattended for any length of time! Borrowers are responsible for any equipment that is lost, damaged or stolen.
- Borrowers are responsible for late fees and replacement costs for laptops given to a third party to return.
- Late fees are $20.00 per hour or fraction thereof - maximum overdue fine of $480.00.
- $10.00 non-refundable billing fee and $15.00 processing fee are added to all replacement bills.
Borrowers will be billed the total replacement cost of overdue, lost or stolen laptops or related components as listed below:
|Total Replacement Cost - Dell Latitude E5450||$1,050.00|
|Total Replacement Cost - Apple MacBook Air||$1,275.00|
|Apple AC Power Adapter||$80.00|
|Dell 65W AC Power Adaptor||$70.00|
|Power cord only||$10.00|
|Nylon Carrying Case||$50.00|
Software included with our Apple MacBook Air:
Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and more)
Microsoft Office suite
ATFViewer, Atom. Audio MIDI Setup, Automator, BBEdit, blender, blenderplayer, Bluetooth File Exchange, Boot Camp Assistant, Cyberduck, Firefox, Fusion360, GIMP, Google Chrome, Grab, Grapher, HandBrake, IDLE, Keychain Access, Mission Control, MPEG Streamclip, MPlayerX, MuseScore 2, naib, Notify, PDApp, Praat, Python Launcher, QLab, QuickTime Player, R.app, Reminders, RStudio, Safari, Script Editor, Skype, Stellarium, Stickies, TeX Live Utility, TeXShop, VLC, VoiceOver Utility, Web Gallery, Standar Mac OS Apps
Note: When laptop is shutdown no data will be saved.
Software included with our Dell Latitude E5450 laptop:
Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Reader, Audacity, Chrome, Firefox, Notepad++, PuTTy
Skype, Vlc player, WinSCP, Standard Windows Apps
Note: When laptop is shutdown no data will be saved