Digital Media Lab Operations Change Due to COVID-19
The Digital Media Lab has modified its offerings due to COVID-19. You can find information about these specific changes on the services pages. Please contact DML staff with any questions, email@example.com.
The DML's 3D Print Services will be closed during the following periods:
- Nov. 25 - Dec. 6
- Dec.14 - Jan. 3
3D Print Service Availability Fall 2020
- 3D Printing is limited to the UMass Campus population (students, staff, faculty, etc).
- Consultations discussing the 3D printing process, software, 3D modeling, and post processing are available to the campus population and public.
- File Format: .STL or .OBJ.
- Available for 3D print requests, software, design, and post processing.
- Consultations will occur via Zoom (video call software).
- Consultation appointments may need to be rescheduled.
- Print cost and a time estimate will be provided during the consultation.
- If a print request is made for a previously printed part that has a minor modification, a new consultation isn’t required. Contact 3D printing staff for assistance.
3D Print Pick-up
- You will receive an email when material(s) are ready, with a link to schedule a pick up appointment.
- Pick up appointments are available in 30-minute increments, from 9:00 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Payment will be made when patrons pick up their print(s). We're finalizing how payments are processed.
- Acceptable forms of payment are UCard, *Guest Card, and Department Copy and Print Card.
- UMass Guest Cards can't be recharged in the library.
- Du Bois contactless pickup instructions:
- While approaching the contactless service point and during your wait, please follow social distancing guidelines and use the ground spacing circles if another patron is ahead of you.
- Enter through the designated entrance door and follow the directional arrows.
- Library staff will have a service desk in the vestibule; please show them your photo ID through the glass.
- Staff will process your payment and obtain your 3D print request.
- Exit through the designated exit door
Step 1: Make an Appointment
Appointments are for anyone and will be held virtually. Our service consults on 3D printing, 3D modeling, design, and post processing printed parts. During peak times we give priority to academic projects.
Step 2: Submit a File
- If you don't have a file yet, you don't need to completed this form.
- File size and Multiple Files FiIes are limited to 10MB and 1 file per submission via this form. If you have multiple files, please place them in a Google Drive folder and share the file with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.