The Libraries have purchased 5 new titles in the Oxford Handbooks Online Business and Management collection. You may find them in the UMass Amherst library catalog or through the collection site. The titles are:
- Oxford Handbook of Corporate Governance
- Oxford Handbook of Corporate Reputation
- Oxford Handbook of Internet Studies
- Oxford Handbook of Management Theorists
- Oxford Handbook of the Sociology of Finance
Please contact Mike Davis, Business Reference Librarian, at 413-545-6822 with questions or comments. Read more »
Ad$pender is a database of advertising spending data across over 3 million brands covered by 18 media. You can create custom reports across brands or products, geographic markets, media, time span and generate the reports in different formats and outputs.
If you have questions or would like assistance using this new resource, contact Mike Davis, Business Liaison Librarian, at 413-545-6822.Read more »
UpToDate is a clinical decision support resource of physician written and peer-reviewed articles on thousands of clinical topics. Each article includes an overview, description of disease and treatment with supporting tables, related topics, pictures, references and more. You can search all topics or narrow your search to adult, pediatric or patient topics.
The trial goes through December 31st, 2013. Please provide your feedback. You'll be prompted for your UMass NetID to use UMass Google Apps.Read more »
Environmental Studies in Video is a collection of documentary films and footage produced since 1970 about environmental ethics, policy, economics, law, sociology and planning. Topics such as pollution control, eco-design, sustainability, farming, agriculture, food industry, and waste are covered. The subjects are global in scope. You can search for videos by title or browse by geographic area, discipline, content type, organization and more.
Please send us you feedback. You will be asked to login with your UMass NetID to us Google Apps.Read more »
Momentum Press, a partner of the American Association of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), gives us trial access to 75 e-books covering physics, chemistry, medicine & health, technology, engineering and more. You can search by title, author, ISBN, filter by publication date or browse by subject. You can browse books by chapter or download a pdf of the entire book.
The trial goes through December 15th. Contact Maxine Schmidt, Engineering Liaison Librarian, with questions or comments at 413-545-6739.Read more »
The Libraries now have a trial for these additional databases on the Web of Knowledge platform:
- Biosis Citation Index, 1969-present;
- Book Citation Indexes – Science, Social Sciences & Humanities, 2005-present;
- Current Chemical Reactions, 1985-present;
- Current Contents Connect, 1998 -present;
- Data Citation Index, 1990-present;
- Derwent Innovations Index, 1963-present;
- Index Chemicus; and
- Zoological Records, 1978-present.
These databases complement our existing subscriptions for these Web of Science databases:
- Science Citation Index Expanded - 1900-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index - 1956-present
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index - 1975-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science - 1990-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities - 1990-present
Database trial ends October 27th, 2013. Please give us your feedback. (UMass NetID login required for UMass Apps.) Read more »
The Libraries have a trial for Scopus, a comprehensive database of citations and abstracts for 21,000 titles from more than 5,000 international publishers across the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts & humanities. You can search by topic, author, author's affiliation, source, date and more. Full-text is available for many articles. Scopus also provides tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
The trial continues through October 31st. Please give us your feedback. (UMass NetID login required for UMass Apps.)Read more »
Through Massachusetts Newsbank, the Libraries now have access to the following newspapers online:
- Advocate - 02/10/2010-Current
- Amherst Bulletin - 01/07/1994-Current
- Berkshire Eagle - 12/31/2003-Current
- Daily Hampshire Gazette - 01/03/1994-Current
- North Adams Transcript - 11/25/2003-Current
- Recorder - 03/05/1997-Current
- Republican - 06/13/1988-Current
- Springfield Advocate - 09/26/1996-04/12/1998
- Springfield Examiner - 01/14/2011-Current
- Valley Advocate - 09/26/1996-Current
If you have questions about using these newspapers, contact a librarian. Read more »
Contemporary Black Biography provides biographical profiles of people with African American and/or black heritage across nationalities and professional fields. You can browse entries in 104 volumes or the index, or search across the series.
If you have questions or would like assistance, contact a librarian.Read more »