Digital Course Materials
Digital reserve material can include scanned book chapters and journal articles, links to electronic databases and eBooks, and links to full length or excerpted audiovisual material.
Let us help you by providing access to UMass Amherst Libraries' digital course material directly to your Moodle or Blackboard page.
- Instructions for adding the UMass Libraries Course Materials block to Moodle
- Instructions for adding the UMass Libraries Course Materials block to Blackboard
Already have the block added? Check out our F.A.Q. for instructions on how to add items, clone items from earlier courses, and edit tags and notes.
- scan physical materials
- provide direct, stable links to databases and online audiovisual material.
- take responsibility for contacting rights-holders and acquiring permission for material supplied by the Reserves Dept.
- Please submit requests one month prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Requests submitted by that deadline will be ready on the first day of the semester.
- All requests submitted after that date will be processed in the order they are received and Reserves staff will make every effort to ensure material is available as soon as possible. Please indicate a need-by date on your request in order to help us determine priority.
- Items not accessible from the UMass Libraries, including purchases or items from other libraries, may result in delayed availability.
- We will make every effort to fulfill requests submitted after the beginning of the semester within 3 business days.
Please see our Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines page for more resources to assist in determining your rights to use digital content.
Please contact Reserves staff with any questions.