Services for Faculty
This page is currently under construction, and will be available in its entirety soon
- Copyright Services. The Scholarly Communication Office consults with faculty, postdocs, and other researchers and authors about (1) their own copyrights, including how to understand and negotiate their author agreements; and (2) how to understand use others' copyrighted works, whether public domain, fair use, Creative Commons, or used by permission. Contact Laura Quilter or the Scholarly Communication Office for more information, at email@example.com.
- Open Access and Open Data Requirements. The Scholarly Communication Office, Science and Engineering Library, and liaison librarians consult with faculty, postdocs, and other researchers on matters of open access, including federal and other funder requirements for open access dissemination, and how to increase the impact of their research through open access. Contact the Scholarly Communication Office for more information, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RefWorks and Citation Management. The University Libraries support "RefWorks", a personal bibliographic database and reference list generator. See Citation Management for more information, or contact your liaison librarian.
- UMass Open Access and Rights Retention Policy. The Scholarly Communication Office is happy to consult with individuals or departments about the proposed UMass Faculty Senate's Open Access and Rights Retention Policy. Contact the Scholarly Communication Office for more information, at email@example.com.
- Funding for Open Access Research (SOAR Fund). The UMass Libraries provide funding to support publication in open access journals and monographs.
- Turnitin. For account information, assistance with, or comments on Turnitin, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org