Digital Project Proposals
The UMass Amherst Libraries supports members of the UMass Amherst community in planning, creating, organizing, and/or preserving digital information. To further this goal, the Libraries are interested in partnering on digital projects that further the mission of the Libraries and the University.
The Libraries will work with you to submit a digital project proposal.
- Contact the Library through the Digital Scholarship and Consultation Services web page and let us know that you would like to work with us.
- A DSCS representative will consult with you on developing a proposal and identifying a librarian collaborator.
- Together with a librarian collaborator, submit a digital project proposal.
- The proposal will go to the Libraries' Digital Strategies Group, which will review and either approve or reject the proposal. Please see the Libraries' Criteria for Evaluating Proposals to Produce, Curate, or Preserve Digital Content.
The process of contacting us, developing a proposal, and having it reviewed may take up to one month.
The following information will be required to submit a project proposal.
- Project Title
- Short Description/Rationale
- Project Needs (staff, equipment, skills)
- Formats Involved (text, video, audio, maps, etc.)
- Intellectual Property and Copyright Details