Information Resource Management Department
End Processing/General Student Assistant—2012
The Information Resource Management department is responsible for processing all materials (e.g. books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) that are received by the Library. A student assistant in the department would, for example, stamp and place plates and targets in books before they are sent to the book stacks. Some work may involve retrieving books from the stack floors using metal carts, running computer programs to generate labels, updating record status, unpacking mail or assisting the Preservation Coordinator with tying and screening books for repair problems.
Skills Required/Job Duties:
• Ability to stamp and place labels on books in a precise manner
• Ability to lift boxes of books and push heavy book carts
• Ability to follow written and oral direction
• Ability to handle fragile books carefully
• Ability to work independently
8-25 hours/week between 8:30am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Pay rate: $8.25