1. Sign in to scholarworks
2. Click on scholarworks.umass.edu Tools to configure this site
3. Click on ir_series: show 344 ir_series (Might show more series than this)
4. Click on any series that ends in diss or theses (I increased the font size on my browser to make it easier to read.)
5. In the top left hand corner click on Collection
6. Click Create new filter. (There will be a blue bar that lets you know what you are creating the filter for. It will say “Create new filter for Geosciences Department Masters Theses Collection”)
7. Click drop down box under “within publication:”
8. Then where it says “Matching all parameters.” Select “Degree program” “is” and choose the appropriate degree program from the drop down box list. NOTE: If the degree program name is missing, select “Degree program [missing]”. This should then show the degree program in the drop down box.
9. Label the filter “Auto Collection”, “Auto Collection1”, or “Auto Collection2” as appropriate (see above).
10. Do a quick double check that you've set up the filter correctly, then click “Save”
11. When it's done saving it will say “NOTE: Filter created.” Click update site on left hand menu.