At http://acmebook.net/libraryclient/able/htm enter “21900” as the ACCOUNT ID. Enter your OPERATOR ID and PASSWORD. Click on LOG ON.
1. On the main screen be sure that the LOT ID is the lot you want to close.
2. Click WINDOW.
3. Click REPORTS.
4. Click LOT ITEM in the upper box. (Once you click on this it may stay highlighted week to week so you won't need to click on it again.)
5. Click TEXT in the lower box.
6. Click NEXT.
7. Click TO SCREEN.
8. Click PDF FORMAT.
9. X out of previous two windows to view report.
10. Scroll to last page of report to see how many books have been input for each kind of binding (rebind, recase, norcloth, etc.). If the totals don't match the books on their respective “out to bindery” shelves, check to see if an item was input more than once and if so delete the appropriate record. Check to see that items going to the bindery are on the proper shelves and that all items that have been input are on the shelves.
11. Once the list and the number of actual items are reconciled, click OK to print the full report. This copy will be kept at Nancy's desk to be compared to the return shipment in two weeks.
12. Print or photocopy the last page of the report (the page with the totals) to send to ACME. Put the page in an envelope with the ABLE Lot ID on the front and a UMass/Amherst Library stamp. Leave the envelope secured on top of the shipment after packing.
13. X out of the report to go back to the main screen.
14. Click WINDOW.
15. Click BINDERY TRANSFER.
16. Be sure that the dot next to “INTERNET” in the upper right corner is filled in on this screen. (This should stay filled in week to week so you don't have to click on it again.)
17. Click RECEIVE FROM BINDERY.
18. Click GET ALL. Wait for new information to fill in.
19. If a box comes up that says, “The ILS License Key has expired”, click OK.
20. Type the LOT ID in the lot box and hit tab.
21. Click on CLEAR/TRANSFER TO BINDERY. (This will make this week's lot totals appear on the bottom lines.)
22. If a box comes up that says, “The ILS License Key has expired”, click OK.
23. Click CLOSE.
24. Click WINDOW.
25. Click LOT.
26. Type the date that the shipment is going out (the ABLE date unless it's a rush lot) minus the year in the SHIPPING DAY box in the bottom right corner.
27. Type the date minus the year of when the shipment will return one (for a rush lot) or two weeks later, in the DATE EXPECTED box above the shipping day.
28. Click APPLY.
29. Click CLOSE.
30. Click on LOT.
31. Type in the next week's Lot in the LOT ID box under lot statistics and hit RETURN. The lot ID should be a Monday date (if it's a holiday according to Acme's calendar use the next day that they're open) written with the first three letters of the month followed by two digits each for the day and year. Ex: Feb0612 (February 6, 2012.) Rush lot IDs are the word “rush” followed by a sequential number. Ex: Rush71 would be followed by rush72.
32. A box should come up that says “CREATE A NEW LOT?”. Click on YES.
33. X out of window.
34. To log out of ABLE, click FILE in upper left corner and click on LOG OUT.
35. Send an e-mail to the ABLE users telling them the new Lot ID. In this e-mail I usually include a reminder of the current Rush Lot. It should already be opened and if you just closed it, open a new one and send people the new Rush Lot ID.
— Primary contact:Lorraine James 2009/05/20 14:25