1. Log on to Aleph with Renaissance Center user name and password. See Mike Allard.
2. Check Browse search under title to see if added copy.
1. Log on to OCLC with RenCen authorization and password. It will greet you with “Hello Greg”
2. Go to tools then option then export and change to RenCen. See Mike Allard for settings.
3. Search for correct bibliographic record. Authorize all headings. Expo correct record to ALEPH. After expo copy new FCL01 bib number.
1. Paste new FCL01 bib number into upper left hand search box and enter.
2. Catalog record. Will need to add 910,928, and 930 fields. Save to server. I have a question about the 930 - if we use this we have to be certain that the Renaissance Center OCLC symbol is set, not the regular UMass one
3. Go to items. Create new item record. Set up item record.
Collection=RCGEN or appropriate collection
Material type=Book or appropriate type
Click on save defaults, then add new barcode number.
4. Go to HOL links. Create new, edit, check holding record. Save to server.
Renaissance Center books will receive regular cataloging, with bibliographic, item and holdings records. Volumes, if not rare, will be barcoded and receive call number labels. Dust jackets will be retained, if present, and barcodes and labels will be applied to the dust jacket. Records for Renaissance Center will have holdings set with their own symbol. Records will be sent for authority control, unless copied from another administrative unit.