We upload an SFX export file of our e-journal holdings to RAPID for integration with the software and workflow. The file is generated on a quarterly basis (January, April, July, October) or as needed. It includes all SFX serials targets with paid content which may be lent; check with ERM staff to determine any currently problematic targets which should be left off the list.
To generate the file:
1. In SFX Admin Center, under KBTools, select Export Tools and Advanced Export Queries (this is the second tab).
2. Choose these settings:
3. When file is generated, save. Open Excel and then open the file. Using the Text Import Wizard, Step 1, choose data type Delimited and file origin: 65001 : Unicode (UTF – 8) to maintain the diacritics from SFX. Proceed through the following two steps of the wizard using the defaults.
4. Many columns of data are included in the SFX export file. Working from right to left, delete all except:
5. Save the file with the date generated, e.g. ILL_0412.xlsx, to S:\Acquisitions\Electronic resources\ILL holdings lists.
7. Send file for IDS Project to Mark Sullivan at SUNY Geneseo.
We upload an SFX export file of our e-journal holdings to Browzine on a quarterly basis (January, April, July, October) or as needed. It includes all SFX serials targets.
1. Login to SFX as above and choose Advanced Export Profiles, select the option for “Browzine_Holdings” and “Submit”
2. Zip the file and save to S:\Acquisitions\Electronic Resources Projects\Browzine
3. Upload the file to http://thirdiron.com/upload/
Complete information is available at http://support.thirdiron.com/knowledgebase/articles/134554-how-to-use-your-sfx-holdings-with-browzine